These pictures will give you a visual understanding of the size of spaces to assist with space estimation. We have small, medium, and large sizes (more than 50 different sizes and shapes available). We suggest that you visit us to view the actual sizes of the storage spaces.
You can also use our Storage Space Calculator to estimate how much space you need.
Our smallest sizes range from 1 cubic metre (1m³) lockers and similar small storage spaces. These are ideal for students, backpackers and travellers looking for holiday storage.
Our larger storage spaces suit large households, business uses such as archive and document storage, and storage of inventory or furniture arriving in containers. Larger spaces come with a higher rental fee.
It is best to rent the size appropriate for the items you need to store, and the configuration that affords greatest accessibility. Ask us to help you determine which size space is best for your needs.
If you plan to fill the space from floor to ceiling with neatly organized items that you never need to access, a smaller unit might work.
If you will need frequent access to the items in storage, you need to carefully consider the space size and location.
Choose a space that allows you to quickly, efficiently and safely access belongings.
Popular sizes include:
- 1.0m x 1.0m (1m2)[1.0m and 2.3m high]
- 1.5m x 1.5m (2.25m²)1.5m x 1.5m x 2.6m (high) [ 4.85m3 ]
- 1.5m x 2.5m (3.75m²)1.5m x 2.5m x 2.6m (high) [ 9.75m3 ]
- 2.0m x 2.0m (4m²)2.0m x 2.0m x 3.0m (high) [ 12m3 ]
- 1.5m x 3.0m (4.5m²)1.5m x 3.0m x 2.6m (high) [ 11.7m3 ]
- 2.0m x 2.5m (5m²)2.0m x 2.5m x 3.0m (high) [ 15m3 ]
- 2.0m x 3.0m (6m²)2.0m x 3.0m x 3.0m (high) [ 18m3 ]
- 3.0m x 3.0m (9m²)3.0m x 3.0m x 2.6m (high) [ 23.4m3 ]
- 4.0m x 3.0m (12m²)3.0m x 4.0m x 2.6m (high) [ 31.2m3 ]
- 3.0m x 5.0m (15m²)3.0m x 5.0m x 2.6m (high) [ 39m3 ]
- 4.0m x 4.0m (16m²)4.0m x 4.0m x 3.0m (high) [ 48m3 ]
- 3.0m x 6.0m (18m²)3.0m x 6.0m x 3.0m (high) [ 54m3 ]
- About the size of a large walk-in wardrobe or small bathroom
- Holds about 1-2 bedrooms or the contents of a 1 bedroom apartment (mattress, sofa, dining room set, chest of drawers, boxes and small items)
- Can hold business records including filing cabinets or about 70-80 archive file boxes
- About the size of a large garage
- Holds the contents of about an average 3-4 bedroom house (furnishings with appliances, outside patio furniture and boxes)
- Can store the contents of a 20′ shipping container
- Can also act as a mini warehouse for business stock, large record/archive storage or storage for tradesman’s equipment