Join the COVID declutter movement
You are at home, faced with your stuff, in self-isolation or in lockdown.
This is an opportunity to make room in your life, make some good decisions, and feel better about yourself.
Here are some tips on how to declutter and get organized while you’re at home self-isolating or in forced lockdown:
1. Keep the useful stuff or stuff you love or makes you happy. Don’t just think about getting rid of anything or everything. Focus on what you actually use or value.
2. Group/categorize your stuff before you put them away again. Bring order. Books together. Cords together. Photos together. Use zip bags for small items.
3. Storage should be in clear bins (so you can see what’s inside) or in a storage area or off-site in a self-storage unit (so you create room in your home). For instance, Christmas trees and other items you only use once or twice a year can be stored away in a self-storage unit. Call us on 9901-3200 or email us to find our about different storage options.
4. Proper disposal of old computers and electronic items (e-waste) and toxic materials to a recycling centre is important. Check your Council for recycling and e-waste sites.
5. Donate items that are still in good condition. Use Vinnies and the Salvos.
6. Sell your stuff and earn extra money. Use Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, eBay.